Ovens to Betsy offers licensed, shared commercial kitchen space for your new or existing culinary business. We offer a variety of rental plans based on your anticipated monthly usage. Note availability is limited as we are the primary user of the kitchen for our wholesale business.
How it works
First fill out a questionnaire outlining your business and anticipated usage and storage needs. Once we have determined your business is a good fit for the space we will provide you with the necessary forms to secure either your Snohomish County Health Dept. permit (retail) or your Washington State Dept. of Agriculture permit (wholesale). Note it is currently taking 8-16 weeks to secure said permits.
Once you have your permit the following is required for rental:
- $75 application fee
- Valid and current State of Washington business License (copy)
- Food Handler’s Permit for each person working in kitchen (copy)
- Proof of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1 Million per occurrence and $2 Million aggregate, with Ovens to Betsy listed as additionally insured
- Applicable Snohomish County Public Health Food Business Permit or WA State Department of Agriculture Wholesale License (original to be displayed at the kitchen)
- Security deposit (see below)
We offer the following rental plans; the fees are the minimum amount charged even if the actual hours spent in the kitchen are fewer.
- $600/month: 1-2 people working up to 20 hours per month. Hours in excess of 20 will be billed at $24/hour, additional staff (no more than 2) will be billed at $25/day/staff member. One door of refrigerator storage and 1 shelf of dry storage are included, as required by the Snohomish County Health Department. Extra storage is available to purchase (see below). $675 security deposit.
- $950/month: 1-2 people working up to 40 hours per month. Hours in excess of 40 will be billed at $20/hour, additional staff (no more than 2) will be billed at $25/day/staff member. One door of refrigerator storage and 2 shelves of dry storage are included. Extra storage is available to purchase (see below). $1,025 security deposit.
- $1,200/month: 1-2 people working up to 60 hours per month. Hours in excess of 60 will be billed at $17/hour, additional staff (no more than 2) will be billed at $25/day/staff member. One door of refrigerator storage and 3 shelves of dry storage are included. Extra storage is available to purchase (see below). $1,275 security deposit.
Dry Storage: Each Metro Rack Shelf, 4’w x 1.5’d x 1.5’h = $20 per month
Full Metro Rack 4’w x 1.5’d x 5 shelves = $90 per month
Cold Storage: Each Shelf in 2- or 3-Door Refrigerator = $35/month
Full door in 2- or 3-Door Refrigerator = $125
Each Shelf in Single Door Freezer or 2-door Freezer = $40/month; LIMITED AVAILABILITY
Cleaning and Supplies: Each tenant is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all kitchen equipment and areas used, including large and small equipment, tables, sinks, wall, floor and dish stations. We will supply all the necessary cleaning supplies, including towels, and will take care of periodic cleanings. You supply your own aprons, chef coats, hats and other linen, and remove them daily from the kitchen for laundering. You supply any gloves, hair nets, foil, plastic wrap, parchment, food storage bags, etc.
We have a large dishwashing station, including a 3-compartment sink and commercial dishwasher. You will be shown how to use it safely. Please wash and put away all dishes, equipment and utensils that you use so the kitchen is ready for the next tenant. If you fail to wash or put away your dishes, or clean your station(s) you will be charged a $50 per hour cleaning fee. If this happens on a regular basis, you may lose your place in the kitchen.
Kitchen equipment: Your rental of the kitchen includes all large and small equipment already in place at the kitchen and all communal small wares, including sheet pans, hotel pans, and assorted pots, pans and utensils. There are some knives for communal use, but you probably want to bring your own! While we aim to have a fully equipped kitchen, we may not have everything you need for your unique business. Feel free to bring in your own equipment or small wares and store it on your designated shelf space. Be sure to label all personal equipment.